You'll find, as you go deeper down this particular rabbit hole, that guns cause friends...not crime. - Me

12/25/2014

Technology is wonderful, isn't it?

Think about it. I can sit at the house in my shorts and a t-shirt and send a message to a friend half-way around the world at the speed of light. Then (depending on the format) probably see an indicator while they are composing their reply. Once it is finished and they send it I get it immediately. Similarly here I can be sitting at work, as now, and compose a message to all of you and wish you all a Merry Christmas, without ever having met any of my fellows before. No need to, beyond adding a face to the screen name, or real name depending on everyone's individual tastes. Possibly to just share a personal conversation face to face and get an immediate response. Beyond that, oh well, no biggie. I never had many friends growing up out in the sticks like I did, now I have friends from coast to coast and beyond. So, thanks to all of you for another year on this big ball of dirt. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.

2 comments: