You'll find, as you go deeper down this particular rabbit hole, that guns cause friends...not crime. - Me

7/13/2010

Gear review 1.0

If any of you use optics on your firearms or even iron sights that aren't quite tuned at the factory then you already know the problems associated with getting them zeroed. The main problem isn't so much getting the sights lined up as it is getting them close enough to get the shots on paper where you can start adjusting. Well I always had this problem too, that's why about 6 or 7 years ago I bought the Laserlyte laser boresight and having just replaced the batteries for the first time, I thought I'd offer this review. IT F*&^#@G ROCKS, HARD!!! Using this on the .30-06 you see in the header above at 100yds I just put the crosshairs on the dot and went from there, that is exactly where the bullets went when I shot my group.



So if you are having difficulty getting your shots on paper to get your sighting system of choice lined up, get one. It's the best 40 bucks you'll spend. Not to mention the savings in ammo for more fun things, like putting holes in paper or fur-bearing critters, whichever floats your boat.  Much love Laserlyte, thanks for making such great products.


*FTC disclaimer - Go piss up a rope. I bought it, it wasn't given to me.

1 comment:

commoncents said...

Thanks for posting - I really like your blog!!!

Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com