Got tagged by Snarky for the 7 things people might not know about you meme/Stylish Blogger Award. Rules are simple, tell the world 7 things people might not know about you and then tag 15 more bloggers, well that part will be difficult since almost everyone of the bloggers I can think of off the top of my head have already been tagged. Most of mine is boring old High School stuff. Anyway here goes.
1. I played football my Sr. year of High School, ended up developing a hernia that just about a year later got me medically discharged from the Army. Pretty much as soon as I showed up to the Reception Bn. go figure?!
2. I nearly didn't graduate HS on time. I failed my first semester of English III and being my Sr. year and one of the last of the required credits I needed to graduate. I had to pay to take a correspondence course in order to get that half credit on the books. The reason/my excuse: the first semester was dedicated to my most "meh" parts of the study of the English language, first quarter - sentence structure/outlining/study thereof and second quarter - poetry and the breakdown and study thereof.
In my defense I'll say this, I'm a blunt kind of guy most of the time. If I said it then I meant it, nothing between the lines and no further study is typically needed. Therefore I don't study the stuff myself, the end, full stop.
3. I never studied a lot in school, I just winged it most of the time, my only problem is that grades were based more on homework than tests...I still tested in the top 10% of the nation on nearly all my achievement tests(which I found to be ridiculously easy) from upper elementary forward. That also had drawbacks in that the next set of teachers would look at those scores and automatically expect me to like homework or something. The fools. Just because I'm a nerd doesn't make me that kind of nerd. Not all nerds are created equal.
4. Things people can say to me that will undeniably piss me off - call me stupid or insult my family. You can insult me all-day-long and get into neither of those two categories and you'll get a smile. Delve into that deep end of the pool and...well, did I mention that I can hold a grudge like no one else? Never forget that society will prolly collapse one day and the rules of such go out the window. Have a Nice Apocalypse!
5. Getting to that last item. IQ: 129, tested once. Maybe higher or lower now but that was about a decade ago. Not as smart as some, not nearly as stupid as others and there are a lot of subjects that completely leave me stumped. As the saying goes though: "Rocket science isn't even rocket science."
6. I'm a big teddy bear, seriously...stop laughing! My idea of a date is cuddled up on a couch with my date, a movie and a pizza. Hopefully she likes to cuddle,... and pizza. Other than that, shooting range here we come, and she can just cuddle up to my armory. Either one I find sexy, both is even better.... Ok, so I'm a big redneck teddy bear, sue me.
7. I am only about a credit or two shy of being a certified precision machinist. Took some of those elective credits I had saved up by the time Jr. and Sr. years rolled around and took a Vo-Tech course the first half of the day for those last 2 years. That class also gave me another subject I dislike...Trigonometry: Math's version of a rattlesnake, screw with it and it'll bite you.
That about wraps it up, as I said, I won't tag anyone cause most everyone I know already did it or they don't seem the type to waste pixels. If you want to do it and blame me, be my guest.
UPDATE: Seems Wilson tagged me too about the same time as Snarky...dang I'm getting popular. Make that 6 regular readers. :)